IPEN Placenta Network is and International Network of Placenta Specialists and mothers who are dedicated to transforming the way people view the placenta around the world.
The IPEN Network was founded by Lynnea Shrief in October 2010. Lynnea began her journey into researching placentas when she became pregnant with her second child in 2008; she was in search of a natural way to produce more milk post-partum after struggling with her 1st baby. After a natural home water birth, Lynnea consumed her placenta raw in smoothies and frozen raw pieces for two weeks, then she used the TCM encapsulation method to consume the remainder. Her experience was so successful she donated breast milk to her local hospital for the neo-natal ward for nearly 3 months. Lynnea encapsulated more than 100 placenta for mothers in and around London between 2008-2009. Several midwifes in a London private hospital saw such amazing results with placenta encapsulation and smoothies they began to recommend Lynnea’s services to their patients and expressing an interest in offering the service themselves. Lynnea now offers Hands-on-Training Certifying in Placenta Encapsulation in Hertfordshire for those who would like to further their career by assisting mothers in the making of placenta capsules and other placenta remedies. Just 4 years later nearly 1000 UK mothers have benefitted from their placenta after birth in the form of smoothies, capsules and remedies with the support of IPEN and IPEN training encapsulation specialists.
After months of research, hours of negotiations with UK Health Professionals and Government Sectors and huge investments in appropriate legal advice and the development of an informational website first of its kind in the World, IPEN was formed to support this growing community of health support workers who believed in the power of the placenta. IPEN is providing for the first time on the Web, unbiased and research based facts about the human placenta and it’s uses for consumption after birth.
IPEN supports over 50 Placenta Specialists spreading the globe, from England to Ireland, Australia to Hong Kong, Dubai to Belgium and soon in America and Canada, all women who harbour a deep rooted belief that new mothers deserve the opportunity to make use of their placenta after birth regardless of social taboos or cultural traditions. Roughly 600-800 women in the UK and Ireland have had their placentas encapsulated by IPEN Specialists from 2009 until today.
IPEN Trained and Certified Placenta Specialists are women who work within the birthing community as midwives, doulas, ante-natal teachers, hypnobirthing practitioners, therapists, herbal and TCM professionals, acupuncturists and homeopaths. We believe the placenta, grown by both mother and baby is an integral part of the healing process for new mothers after birth, giving a powerful gift no medicine or herbal remedy can provide. By utilising the placenta, making the placenta more paletable and giving new mothers unique ways of embracing its healing powers, we provide a comfortable and gentle approach to understanding how and why the placenta should not be treated as waste.
You will find our stamp next to the name of all IPEN trained and Certified Placenta Encapsulation Specialists, most of whom are located in the UK and Ireland. Our team of Placenta Encapsulation Specialists are highly trained to provide you with the safe and professional placenta services. We adhere to Government Regulations including Control of Substances Hazardess to Health (COSHH) Regulations 2002, The Human Tissue Act 2004, The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992, The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and many of us are registered with our Local Authorities as Food Business.
IPEN Specialsts are:
- Trained and Certified, highly skilled in practical and theory knowledge about the placenta and placenta encapsulation. Certificates include IPEN Placenta Encapsulation Ceficate, Food Hygiene Certificate, Bloodborne Pathogen Training Certificate and many Specialists hold midwifery degrees and/or other diplomas in birth studies.
- Trusted by many midwives, NHS and Private hospitals and health practitioners who are recommending their patients to IPEN Placenta Specialists every day.
- Held by a Code of Practice written to protect both the Client and the Specialist ensuring we deliver a safe and quality service to every Client. We adhere to Government Health and Safety Regulations and all our equipment is thoroughly cleaned and sterilised after each Client using hospital grade cleansers and sterilants.
- Recognised and reviewed by Government Agencies and Authorities including the Human Tissue Authority, the Health Protection Agency and the Local Authority.
- Women and Mothers focused on Client Care ensuring every client receives factual and understandable information. Our Specialists are sympathetic and understanding of each Client’s personal situation and aim to be flexible where possible aiming to make the placenta services simple and stress free.
About Placenta Encapsulation Specialists who have not trained with IPEN
IPEN offers an easy to use directory of placenta specialists around the world, many of whom have not trained with IPEN. Placenta Encapsulation Specialists or Specialists in training are self-employed women, usually mothers with first hand experience working with the placenta by making placenta remedies, tinctures, essences, capsules and smoothies. IPEN felt the need to offer a directory search engine for mothers around the globe who are in search of help with their placenta after birth regardless of where or who the Specialist trained with. As a group we share techniques, recipes, ideas, research studies, informational articles and experiences to offer the best possible service to our clients.
Please note: IPEN does not insure or guarentee services from any placenta specialist. We act only as a directory service for Placenta Specialists who are not trained with IPEN and we give no warranty or representation towards the services they provide.